If your home needs a floor that is soft, warm, and brings comfort to any space, then carpet flooring is for you. What makes a carpet different from a rug is that it stretches from wall to wall and covers the entire floor. At Nice Carpet One Floor & Home in Newark, OH, we carry carpets that will suit the needs of just about every home. We also have trained professional staff that is here to help answer any questions you may have.
What is the Best Fiber for Carpet?
The way a carpet functions is based off of its characteristics. The base material, pile style, and carpet cushion all make up the carpet. These characteristics can determine a lot of things about your carpet, like how durable it is and if it is stain resistant. Pile styles are the fiber of the carpet and are what makes up the density. Knowing which pile and fiber you want in your carpet can help determine how it’ll preform in your home.
Fibers can be made out of different materials and make an impact on the look and feel of the carpet. It also determines the stain and matting resistance as well as long term durability. Nylon and polyester fibers are synthetic and can be made to be durable and soft. Wool carpets are made from natural fibers that have a lot of added benefits.
Check out our carpet selection at our showroom and choose which brand is right for your home!
Types of Carpet
Will carpet installation be part of your renovation plan? While carpeting can work wonderfully almost anywhere, it’s important to remember that certain characteristics will determine how carpet functions. Its base material, cushion, and pile type will determine how durable your carpet is, and what level of stain resistance it offers, if any.
Pile – otherwise known as your carpet’s fiber - will determine density, as well as its performance capabilities. Carpet fiber is crafted using many different materials, all with distinctive looks and textures. Synthetic fibers like polyester and nylon are most durable and are extremely soft, whereas natural fibers, such as wool, have a rougher texture but will readily resist mold or mildew.
Here are the basics on common carpet types:
- Frieze carpeting consists of twisted, longer fibers. Its appearance is casual, with a soft feeling that creates a lot of dimension underfoot.
- Level loop carpeting consists of short-looped, dense fibers. Its appearance is all-purpose and casual, working especially hard in areas where foot traffic is heavy.
- Patterned carpeting has looped fibers, which are then clipped at varying heights. This type of rug is a more formal option that typically makes a unique statement.
- Textured carpeting has long, rough fibers. This casual carpet works for many types of casual settings, including dens and children’s rooms.
- Plush carpeting is made of thick, velvety fibers. Extremely formal in appearance, this luxurious rug is especially soft and indulgent.
Readily installed, carpets help you stay warm in the winter, and cool in the summer. It can instantly transform your space, adding depth, color, and texture. It also feels nice on your feet, and there are options available to address every style, price range, or functional need.
Our Carpet and Rug Collection
Nice Carpets Carpet One Floor & Home carries all your favorite carpeting and rug brands, including some exciting Carpet One exclusives that aren’t available elsewhere. Among the brands currently in stock are Karastan, Tigressa, and Relax its Lees. Visit us soon, and learn how to enhance your space with beautiful, bold carpeting
What are the Different Types of Carpet?
Learn about the different carpet types and fibers available.Learn About Carpet Types